Parking & transportation
Parking & Transportation
***Important Information for guests arriving between November 2016 and July 2017***
The project to construct a traditional intersection at Forest Park Parkway and Kingshighway Boulevard and rebuild a bridge over the MetroLink tracks (just west of Kingshighway) is moving forward, with detours starting in early November. All work will be completed in July 2017.
Streets will be affected as follows:
- Forest Park Parkway will close west of Kingshighway to Union.
- Forest Park Parkway will be limited to one lane in each direction east of Kingshighway to Euclid Avenue.
- Kingshighway lanes will remain open during the day, with limited evening closures.
Forest Park Ave in front of the Parkway Hotel will not be effected by the construction.
The hotel offers parking in a covered garage for $7 per day with in/out privileges. To park:
- Pull up to the front of the Hotel
- Register as our guest with our Front Desk Staff
- Let the clerk know you have a vehicle to park
- Your guestroom key will be programmed to operate the gate to the garage
- The garage is owned and operated by BJC Hospital
The St Louis MetroLink is one block from the Hotel. It provides inexpensive transportation from Lambert Airport and throughout the city.
The Parkway courtesy shuttle is also available to transport guests around the Central West End from 6:30 a.m. -9:30 p.m. Sign up for the shuttle at the front desk.
Directions from the St. Louis Lambert Airport:
Take I-70 East from the airport to I-170 South, then to I-64 East. Exit I-64 East at Kingshighway Blvd. Turn left (North) to Forest Park Avenue. Turn Right on Forest Park Avenue to The Parkway Hotel on your right.
Directions from Illinois:
Take I-64 West to Kingshighway Blvd. Turn right on Kingshighway Blvd to Forest Park Avenue. Turn right on Forest Park Avenue to The Parkway Hotel on your right.
Directions from Kansas City:
Take I-70 East past the St. Louis Lambert Airport and then follow the above written directions from Lambert Airport.